Nuts are a complete nutrient food, since they are a source of minerals, vitamins and rich in healthy fibers and fats. Surely, being on the road all day, your alimentation is affected by not eating as properly as you should. Adding nuts to your diet can be very beneficial for you, thanks to its following properties:
- Great contribution of vitamins such as B3, B1 or folates. As well as vitamin E, which acts as an antioxidant.
- Rich in fiber, helping to regulate the intestine, control appetite and reduce cholesterol levels.
- Mineral source of phosphorus, calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium and oligo elements antioxidants, such as selenium and zinc.
- Rich in healthy fats that have cardio-healthy properties, which help prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- Lower level of probability of contracting colon cancer.
- Lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
If you adopt a healthy diet to your trucker routine and add nuts to it like cashews, almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, pistachios, peanuts, sunflower seeds and pine nuts, you will reduce the levels of bad cholesterol in your body and your blood. You will also increase the level of good cholesterol in your body and you will be protecting yourself from developing arteriosclerosis.
You can add nuts moderately, approximately 12-15 grams daily, in any of your meals, could be in your breakfast, lunch, snack or dinner. Be creative and enjoy the various possibilities you have to consume them, whether with yogurt, in creams, salads or just the nuts, as they are practical and easy to eat and will surely satisfy your hunger on the road.