Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration embarked on an Implementation National Tour with six stops throughout the U.S. in order to help CMVs Owners Operators and drivers in the transition from paper logs to ELDs and to comply with the federal mandate that will go into effect by next Dec. 18.
FMCSA personnel will visit the most important trade shows in the country and will conduct presentations focused on the drivers and also panel discussion regarding electronic logging devices implementation.
The first stop was in July in Walcott, Iowa, on the Iowa 80 Truckstop Jamboree, where the FMCSA was represented as an exhibitor and gave a 60-minute presentation at the Truckstop Movie Theater. The next tour stops will be at:
- Dallas, Texas – Great American Trucking Show (August 24-26)
- Atlanta, Georgia – North American Commercial Vehicle Show (September 25-27)
- Ontario, California – California Trucking Show (October 14-15)
- Orlando, Florida – American Trucking Associations Management Conference & Exhibition (October 21-24)
- Kansas City, Missouri – Women in Trucking Accelerate! Conference & Expo (November 6-8)